The Aluminium Pods take 150 years to 250 years to break down
The Plastic Pods take more than 500 years to break down
The best way to recycle the pods is to let Nature do the "recycling". No need to collect, sort, separate - just put them in the council green waste bin and 120 days later they've been turned into compost!
Introducing our Nespresso** Compatible CAPSULE
Our newly developed 100% compostable* capsule is the first capsule on the market to be awarded the certifications “OK Compost” and “OK Bio-based”, confirming the compostability, not only of the material, but of all the constituents and components of the finish product (Capsule + coffee + lids + adhesive) in its final shape and thickness.
Naturally Smart Coffee capsules are:
- Australia's first OK Bio-based and OK Compost certified Nespresso** Compatible Capsule.
- Made from Bio-based compostable polymer
- Aluminium free
- GMO free
- BPA free
- Resistant to heat – Does not inflate – Compatible with Nespresso coffee machines
- Perfect result in cup thanks to a unique patented paper lid
- Each capsule is nitrogen flushed for optimum freshness.
- Meets strict industrial compostability standards – Norm EU 13432
- Independently certified to break down in 12 weeks in industrial composting facility (Council Green Waste Bin)
- Each capsule is individually packed in a 100% compostable over-wrap
- Capsule + lid + coffee all compostable as a finished product
All this and great tasting coffee too!
*In industrial composting environments ** Our capsules are compatible with Nespresso coffee machines. Nespresso is a registered trade mark of Société des Produits Nestlé S.A. and neither that company nor its affiliates have manufactured or endorsed our products in any way.